Monday, January 10, 2022

Bananas

This is a simple story.

I went to Wally World to buy a few groceries. I wanted to buy a few bananas but the table was bare—almost. There were six bananas left, and they looked very overripe. They were splotched black and yellow and looked like something I would throw out. I picked out four of the bananas and put them in my cart.

I checked out and went home, and I put the 4 ugly bananas in a bowl on the dining table. The bananas sat in the bowl for a few days. They didn't look inviting at all. They looked overripe to the point of just tossing them out.

After a few days, I picked up one of the splotchy bananas and peeled it. Inside the peel, the banana was perfect. It was just ripe enough but not too ripe, and it tasted delicious. In fact, it was a perfect banana. I ate the others over the next few days and they were the same. They were perfect bananas in appearance and taste. 

The bananas had looked fit only for the garbage can, and I would not have bought them if I had a better choice. But surprise! Inside the peel they were as perfect as you would ever hope to find. I don't know why I mentioned this story. It just seemed to have a moral in it somewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings

Lovely story -- the moral of the story is don't judge the banana by the flaws of the skin. But still be cautious always.

I have had this happen as well and love it when they're salvageable.

Happy New Year

Best, LL

Anonymous said...

Good morning!

Beautiful and simple story but with a nice moral," Don't judge the book by the cover", it covers everything about the bananas because sometimes we go for the appearance of things and they are different, sometimes for good, others not.
I like these stories a lot.
Thank you for the teaching and have a bless day.
TA