Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pizza Wrap

I wanted to try something different for dinner, so I made pizza wraps. (I wanted lavash bread but the store didn’t have it so I bought the wraps instead.) I used two wraps and started by putting a little olive oil on each one and spreading it across the top side of the wrap. Then pizza cheese, dollops of pizza sauce, sautéed onion, sautéed mushrooms, anchovies on one and pepperoni on the other. I baked them at 375° for 15 minutes and afterward sprinkled crushed red pepper over them.

DSCF0710

Because I used thin wraps instead of pizza dough, they were easily foldable. I cut them in half then folded each half so the wrap bread was on the outside and the tasty goodness was inside. I was planning to eat one tonight and one tomorrow, but I couldn’t decide which one to eat today. So, unfortunately, I pigged out and ate both. That sounds bad, I know, but I had no lunch today, so this meal was both lunch and dinner (or as they say in some parts: dinner and supper).

No comments: