Monday, December 27, 2010

Addendum to Wasted Day

I wanted to add this to today’s blog post. As I said I would do in my previous post, I made my world-famous stir fry tonight.

DSCF1044

I start by heating soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a wok, then I add sliced yellow squash and white onion, and strips of green and red bell pepper. I spice it up with red pepper flakes and add pre-cooked chicken strips or beef strips. (When I use beef strips I sometimes add stir-fry sauce.) Tonight I made chicken stir-fry. My recipe makes enough for two meals, which for me means dinner tonight and dinner tomorrow night.

When this is cooked up and dished out, a little puddle of brown liquid remains in the bottom of the wok. This liquid is soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce mixed with juice from the veggies. It picks up flavor from the onion and peppers and has red pepper flakes in it.

Tonight, after I ate my serving of stir-fry, I took some baby spinach DSCF1047from the fridge, heated up the wok with it’s puddle of stir-fry liquid, and wilted the spinach leaves in the wok, making sure to coat them with the stir-fry liquid.

This was the best tasting spinach ever! This recipe is definitely on my have-it-again list.

No comments: