Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Day After

Yesterday (Christmas) snow began falling in my city about 2 PM. At 6:30 PM I fired up the kerosene stove. Of course I have central heat, but when I look outside and see snow on the ground and more falling, I like to have a hot spot to bask in. I like to feel those infrared photons striking my epidermis.

Tradition tells us this is the time of year to eat too much and drink too much. Never let it be said I didn’t do my part to uphold tradition. After eating and drinking too much yesterday, I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up at 6 AM. The kerosene stove was still burning.

Finally at 11 AM, the little window in the fuel tank showed no fuel so I took the tank to the garage to refill it from a 5 gallon tank of K1. The snow on the ground was 7 inches deep. I know that because the snow was one inch below the bottom step outside my back door, and the bottom step is an 8 inch cement block.

Snow is still falling. It may fall all day. My 4WD Jeep is in the garage if I should need to get out. I might don my coat and boots and go for a walk later. Right now, the heat from the kerosene stove feels good.

No comments: