Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lunch at the Bees

I had lunch today at “the Bees”. Yeah, you know who you are. What a disappointing experience. On the one hand, my meal – once I got it – was very good.  Everything was cooked perfectly. On the other hand, when I first sat at the bar, the bar computer terminal was down and I couldn’t place my order. I finally asked the bartender, “Can’t you go in back and ask someone to fix it?” She went to the kitchen entrance and hollered at someone, and in a while someone came to the bar and got the computer going and I was able to order lunch. The bartender was grumpy, not one smile while I was there. She acted like waiting on me was a burden. The hostess dragged herself around the store like she had a two hundred pound ball chained to her waist. She looked unhappy and fussed about something to anyone who crossed her path. I waited in silence for my meal, which eventually arrived. After delivering my meal, the bartender disappeared. I ate my meal and then waited 15 minutes before getting up and asking someone to give me my check and take my payment. The store was so depressing that I actually felt my mood lift when I walked out. Hmmm … I think maybe I just figured out why I was the only customer at the bar the entire time I was there.

No comments: