Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Winter Photos

I hadn’t been to the city’s original small boat ramp in years, so I drove there to see how it looked now. Had it changed like the rest of the city? Part of the ramp area is closed off now, and it seemed tiny. There was no activity … not surprising in cold weather.  The nearby park was empty but for a few old men sitting in, or standing beside, their pickup trucks. They looked at me suspiciously as I drove past.

I wish I’d had my camera yesterday when I drove to the Walmart store. A flock of Canada geese lined both sides of the main entrance; dozens of geese stood pecking at the ground, eating the grass around the entrance. Those birds were big. A flock of Canada geese brought down the “miracle on the Hudson” plane. I thought about taking a cell phone photo, but my phone camera can’t zoom. They would have been itty-bitty birds in the photo. I wonder how long they’re going to be in town. Probably just long enough to rest their wings and fill their gizzards.

DSCF1504

 

DSCF1505

DSCF1516

No comments: