Sunday, February 20, 2011

Royal Wedding

Did you receive your invitation to the Prince William – Kate Middleton wedding? Mine arrived in the mail yesterday. In addition to the invitation there was a little RSVP card and a small envelope for returning the card. My invitation looked like this:

invitation

In the bottom right corner there is this notation:

Dress: Uniform, Morning Coat, or Lounge Suit.

Unfortunately, I don’t own a uniform, I look ridiculous in a morning coat, and it has been years since I’ve been able to fit into my lounge suit. Do you think they would let me in wearing jeans? No? Not even if I wear True Religion jeans? Okay, I’ll just RSVP that I won’t be there. If you watch the wedding on TV and you see female guests with tears in their eyes – don’t blame me, blame the dress code.

No comments: