Monday, February 7, 2011

SB XLV

How was it? So-so. Watched half of it. I mainly wanted to see the always over-the-top SB halftime show. This year Usher and Slash joined with the Black-Eyed Peas, or as I call them: Fergie and the guys.

Let me just say I’m not a fan of musicians wearing top hats – especially when said hat is covered with rhinestones, lit LEDs, or other kinds of sparklies. And dressing head to toe in white just makes some of us wonder if the Good Humor man has wandered onto the stage.

What’s up with singers and Autotune? Seriously. Was that an accident? Did we learn nothing from Milli Vanilli and Ashlee Simpson? Or has faking it become so widespread that it’s accepted? At least Fergie didn’t seem to be using it.

Thanks to technology, a good sound man can make a crappy band sound good, and a bad sound man can make a good band sound crappy. Give me a good sound man and I can fake it with the best of ‘em. Talent? That’s so old-school.

No comments: