Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Reality Is Not What It Seems

This happened. What I am about to tell you, happened. I didn't dream it nor am I making this up.

In fact, this kind of thing has happened to me numerous times. I have written about some of those incidents on this blog. I have some ideas about what is really happening.

I took a shower and afterward I sat on the edge of my bed, next to the dresser, and I picked up a pair of nail clippers. I have two pair (don't ask why, I've long forgotten). Both pair were within reach, but one pair was closed and the other pair was open and ready to use.  I chose the pair that was open and ready to use. 

I trimmed my fingernails. I trimmed my toenails. I put the clippers back on the dresser and it was then that I noticed both pair were open and ready to use. You're thinking, "Nah, they were both open all along and you are remembering it incorrectly." I won't argue the point. All I'm saying is that I remember choosing one pair because it was open and the other pair was closed.  I used it and when I placed it back on the dresser, I saw that both pair were open and ready to use.

This kind of thing has happened enough times to make me believe in multiple realities, or multiple timestreams, or multiple whatever sci-fi term you want to use. So the way it works is like this: every time we make a decision, our reality splits. In one reality we decided "Yes" and in the other reality we decided "No." Some of these realities are almost identical to "our" reality, with only a tiny difference. Sometimes our consciousness will slide from our usual reality to another that is very close by. So, for example, in one reality we come into our house and lay our car keys on the table near the door, then when we go to leave we can't find our car keys, even though we know we put them on the table. We look and look and finally we find them on the top of the china cabinet near the door. But we never put our keys on the china cabinet so what are they doing there?

This is a trivial matter, unless—and this is a big unless—it's true. If this happened the way I have described it, if reality can change in tiny ways from time to time, then I think it's a huge matter. It really can explain a lot of things. But this is the kind of thing that can't be proven. We have only our memory of what came before and what we have now. How many times have we said, "But I was sure..." or something similar. We know what our eyes saw, we remember not only our decision but the reason we decided as we did. And a minute or two later, reality tells us, "Nope, that didn't happen that way."

Maybe these splits in reality are random. But imagine the power you would have if you could control them. Imagine if you could make tiny shifts in reality whenever you wanted. The world would be your oyster! 

And for me? I would have stopped working 20 years ago and I'd be living in a house I didn't buy and driving an antique car that still looks great and drives perfectly, and ... Oh.

Yeah.

Right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe this happened -- but I have never looked at it the way you've described it. Your thoughts on this separate reality are very interesting -- I'm going to ponder on it. Things such as this have happened to me many times, and nearly always I've dismissed it and figured I remembered it wrong or laid it somewhere else.

The only way I believe we can catch this alternate reality is to have cameras everywhere --but of course, that's inconceivable --- maybe a little robot that rolls around day and night and captures everything in real time --and you could ask it to project onto the TV screen that particular scene/area at a particular time -- and prove you're right.

Now that would be scary and I would have to move.

LL

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we do things uncounciously not on purpose but happens. Our conscious tell us that what we did was right or not, sometimes we forget things and we continue thinking and come back to places trying to remember. I have a friend that he forgets things all the time, but the worst part of him is that he doesn't accept it and he gets mad all the time about what happens to him. I will suggest him to install cameras. Good idea

gatorontheday said...

Have thought of contacting Joe Biden VW....... he seems to be on the same course of different universes.......

lol

keep safe and as healthy as you may Brother~