Friday, September 17, 2010

Applebee’s Today

I had trouble sleeping last night. I think I got to sleep around 6 AM and slept until 10 AM. No breakfast today. But I had lunch at Applebee’s Bar & Grill. The restaurant was housesaladcrowded but the bar had no customers. I had the bar to myself today: lunch was a house salad and a 12 ounce draft beer. (BTW, 12 ounce drafts cost $3.09 now, IMO a price that is too steep for a 12 ounce draft in this small city -- unless, management’s agenda is to discourage beer sales.)  The Applebee’s house salad is a tasty salad.

353808498565bStephanie was my bartender today. Sometimes she’s a manager, sometimes she’s a bartender. I met Stephanie when she was waitressing. She never waited on me then, because I always sat at the bar. Then one day Stephanie was made bartender -- and you really couldn’t ask for a better bartender. Well, you could ask, but good luck finding one.

After lunch I went to Walmart and bought some items including a 12 ounce bag of broccoli slaw (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage, shredded).

I came home, blogged a little, watched an hour of The Closer, and went to Martin’s for a few more things including fresh salmon.

I had a lazy man’s dinner tonight: Begin with 12 ounces of broccoli slaw and add 5 ounces of ranch dressing. Mix well. You should have enough for about 8 servings.

Preheat the oven to 425°. Cover a flat pan with aluminum foil. Bake the salmon for 13 to 16 minutes until it is fully cooked. Garnish with lemon juice or tartar sauce. A quick, easy meal that’s healthy, too.

DSCF0008

Sidebar:
I was looking for an item in the store’s vitamin department and couldn’t find it; I happened to be looking at rows of melatonin and thinking, “Holy cow, look at all the different brands of melatonin they have and they can’t stock what I need!”, when from behind me a woman’s voice says, “Come over here, we’ll get some melatonin”, then a man’s voice says, “They don’t have melatonin here, we’ll have to go to Walgreens”, and then the woman says, “Ok, we’ll go to Walgreens” and they walk away. And I walked away, too.

No comments: