Sunday, September 19, 2010

Walmart

The local Walmart is becoming more and more worthless. It seems every time I go there, they’ve quit stocking some item I’ve bought there for years, while stocking more and more of stuff I’ll never buy. For example (glad you asked):

I make pitchers of iced tea and lemonade. I use a certain artificial sweetener that I buy in a bulk package and it comes with a little pink measuring spoon. I keep the sweetener in a sugar bowl. It’s more convenient to spoon a half-dozen tiny spoonfuls into a pitcher than to rip open 10 or more little pink envelopes and shake out their contents. Walmart sells the bulk package and they sell boxes of pink envelopes, too. 

 

sweetnlowbulk




<< Bulk package

 

 

Box of tiny pink envelopes >>

sweetnlow
Now, let’s go shopping!
sweetnlowshelf






<< Walmart shelf

Wait – what’s that lone box on the left? Is it … is it … Yes! That solitary package at the left end of the shelf is the bulk sweetener. Obviously, they don’t expect to sell a lot of it, but they’ve arranged it so they can’t.

(Last trip it was their pitcher-size decaf teabags they didn’t have.)

sweetnlowshelf

That’s my gripe du jour; a poke-in-the-eye for you, Walmart. Take that, multinational giant!

No comments: