Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday Later

In my last post (Saturday) I said I’d post more later.

And now, it is later. As I type this, it is 9:37PM. At 7 I checked my messages and found a voicemail from Kim, one of my neighbors, and she told me Walmart had mums on sale for $4.55 and if I bought some she would plant them for me. That was a nice offer. Not sure what her angle is. Does she think my house needs spiffing up? Is she trying to increase property values? Then Sally (another neighbor) came over to join the chat. When Kim left to chase after two of her cats that had crossed the street and were fighting behind my boxwoods, I told Sally that Kim thought my house needed mums planted between the boxwoods. I asked her, “What do you think? Sounds like a lot of work to me.” And Sally said, “Um … (long pause) … yeah!” And laughed. The night air was really very pleasant, a lot of people were out walking through the neighborhood, kids riding bicycles, seniors walking their dogs, and I talked with Kim and Sally until 9:30 and my feet were hurting (sandals are not very comfortable for standing for hours) so finally I gave up and came inside … I left the gals still talking … now I’m blogging and listening to music.

I’m listening to Agnes Obel.
I’m listening to Martina Topley Bird.
And Sia. And Shakira. And Kylie Minogue.

A few days ago, a hard drive failed without warning. It just suddenly decided it was dead. I had a lot of music on that drive. I had other stuff, too: videos, images, documents, all kinds of stuff. But it’s the music that I miss.

No comments: