Saturday, December 2, 2017

Modern Music

This post is social commentary. R-rated for language. Skip this post if you’re easily offended.

Excuse me. I didn’t see you come in. I was just listening to Puccini.

Before that, Bach. Holst. Faure. Elgar. Mozart. Handel. Debussy. Prokofiev.

I know what you’re thinking. Those Old Guys. What did they know about music? Now it’s modern times and we have good music.

Music like:

Fuck Tha Police (by N.W.A.)
Fuck Your Life (by Bizarre ft. Sindee Syringe)
The Wrong Nigga To Fuck With (by Ice Cube)
Fuck All Y’all (by 2pac)
Fuck Yo Girl (by Trae)

And:

Jigga That Nigga (by Jay-Z)
For All My Niggaz & Bitches (by Snoop Dogg)
Young Niggaz (by 2pac)
Fuckin Wit The Wrong Nigga (by 2pac)
Rather Be Ya Nigga (by 2pac)
Definition of a Thug Nigga (by 2pac)

Yes, these are actual song titles of music that is available for purchase at (I’m guessing here) your local thug store.

Believe me when I say: the above song titles are not the worst I could have listed. In fact, I refuse to list the worst titles. They’re far too “modern” for me to repeat.

Maybe I’m wrong about this. But it seems that music has devolved, regressed. Which, by the way, appears to be what is happening to the rest of modern culture.

Anthropologists say that the human cranium has shrunk by 10% in the past 20,000 years. Cave men had brains that were 1500 cc, while modern humans have brains that are 1350 cc. But really, just because our brains are shrinking, do you think it has affected us?

No comments: