Thursday, September 14, 2023

199

In mid-July (8 weeks ago) I weighed 215 pounds. My best weight, according to the online height-weight charts, should be 155 pounds. Of course, no American male adult will weigh 155 pounds, but if I got down to 185 pounds I would be happy. I'm just going to continue this diet thing and see where it takes me.

So in mid-July I began my "diet". This morning, almost exactly two months later, I weighed 199 pounds. I'm very happy and I'm going to celebrate by eating a bucket of ice cream for lunch. Not really! I'm going to have my usual lunch. It's about 300 calories. Breakfast was 100 calories. I'm not hungry because I'm eating few carbs and no bread. 

Changing the subject, Nuria is going to donate some food to the Food Bank. Her Senior Center is having a food drive, and Nuria says that so far, only 3 or 4 cans of food have been donated. Nuria is going to correct this lack of enthusiam tomorrow, with this donation:

She has also invited everyone she knows here to pitch in and donate some food. Nuria has a very strong feeling of civic responsibility. She wants to "adopt a highway" but she doesn't want to be committed for two years (their requirement) so she may not do that. She donated blood until they told her she couldn't. The reason she can't? Because she has been in her home country (Costa Rica) within the past three years. Costa Rica has malaria and for some reason that makes her ineligible to donate blood here in the USA, but she can donate blood in Costa Rica. I don't understand the reason she can't donate here, because if you get malaria you will certainly know it, and she hasn't had that illness. Meanwhile, there is a blood shortage here and the Red Cross is begging people to donate.

People. Sometimes I can't figure them out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings

I'm so impressed with your weight loss program and success. You are truly an inspiration to others -- I also love the tips you post about carbs and fats etc.

You've done an amazing job with 199 --- and I agree --155 would make you look gaunt!

You know your own body and what the idea weight would feel like.

Thanks to Nuria for the food donations to others -- that's awesome to give the way she does.

On another note -- I love that you have spell check in this program - I use it all the time. Now if it would help with grammar !!

Good luck with your goals -- you're going to be just fine !!

Best, LL