Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Lunch

Nuria and I ate lunch at an Italian restaurant today. I'd never been in it before. Their lunch menu had no prices on it. The Wraps section of the menu looked like this:

The waitress came to our table. "You ready?"

"Yes. We'll both have the Crispy Chicken Fiesta Wrap."

"With what side?"

Nuria said, "Fries."

The waitress turned her gaze to me. "Chips."

The waitress left.

Time passed.

The waitress brough our meals and drinks and placed them silently on the table and left.

Nuria and I munched our meals and talked. Finally it was time to pay. I left cash on the table, enough for the bill and the tip.

My little city isn't NYC but, with everything getting more expensive, it pays to have a few large bills in one's wallet—in case you want to eat lunch out.

I'm afraid to eat dinner out. My wallet might catch fire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious

Did you really leave a $500 on the table? I have never seen one in real life. Ha

It sounds like you all had a nice time at the restaurant -- I prefer when the waitstaff isn't so chatty and leaves me to eat in peace. (at Outback one time -the waiter actually sat in the booth with us)....

I have always believed when there are no prices on the menu -- I can't afford it !!

Thanks for sharing.

Best, LL