Monday, October 18, 2010

Idina Menzel

Idina Menzel is an internationally-known actress, singer, and songwriter. She has won a Tony and other awards for her Broadway performances. She seems so upbeat that she’s wonderful to watch. Her voice is amazing; check out 2:14 – 2:24 below. I tivo’d one of her PBS concerts. In this video, Idina sings I Stand.

(For the acoustic version of I stand, click this link.)

Another song I like is I Dreamed A Dream from the musical Les Misérables. (What a great song!) Wikipedia says this song “has been translated into twenty-one languages, including Japanese, Hebrew, Icelandic, Norwegian, Czech, Polish, Castilian, and Estonian, and there have been 31 cast recordings featuring the song.” You may also remember this song as the one that catapulted Susan Boyle to fame. In the video below, Idina sings a duet with Lea Michele of the cast of Glee.

No comments: