Friday, October 1, 2010

New Camera

I picked up a new digital camera this morning to replace my old digital camera, which still worked but had become a real battery-eater. The new camera, although inexpensive, is day-and-night different from the old one. It even has a you-better-believe-this-camera-is-smarter-than-you shooting mode.

After leaving Walmart I took a side trip to Roslyn Landing to shoot some test shots. Later I went to the Bee, where Stephanie was bartending. The cell phone photo I posted previously was so low quality that I took a new photo. She was nice enough to pause for a few seconds so I could take her picture. Still shooting into the light without flash, though.

Stephaniestephanie3

Shounta (pronounced shan-tay) is another bartender/waitress who works very hard and seems to have boundless energy (if I had half her energy I could get this house in shape):

Shounta shounta
Both these ladies claim that cameras don’t like them, an obviously bogus claim. If you want to see someone who’s not photogenic, you only have to look at a picture of me. Why, even when I look at a picture of me, I want to say “They let this guy run around by himself?” In my photos I look demented, and that’s on a good day!

1 comment:

CyberDave said...

Wow, VW... those two women are pretty... how they can think that the camera will make them otherwise is beyond me. Perhaps they should date young geezers... then they would realize that the camera doesn't lie: They are really attractive.
Cheers!
CyberDave