Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas Eve

Today is Christmas Eve. At 7AM the temperature outside my house was 8° and with wind chill it feels like -7°. (-13° and -22° Celcius). That will wake you up! We visited with my friend Butch at about 1PM. He lives a few houses down the street and usually we would walk there, but the air was bitterly cold, so I drove us to his house. His daughter was visiting, and we exchanged gifts with them.

We came home and I watched the Minnesota Vikings defeat the New York Giants (27-24). It was a very close game. Either team could have won, down to the last minute. That made it interesting.

There was more football on the TV, but I decided to switch over to YouTube and listen to Christmas music. Nuria made dinner and I put some relaxing piano jazz on the sound system. By sound system I, of course, mean my TV set. Sure, I could play sound through my computer speakers, but they sound like crap. The TV, at least, sounds halfway decent.

The outside temperature is 20°F, or as we say hereabouts: freeze-your-ass-off cold. It will be 14° by morning.

At seven we ate dinner, and afterward I went back to typing a blog post about nothing. We've already given each other Christmas gifts, so there is nothing exciting to do on Christmas morning. But that's fine with me. 

At 7:45PM I received an unexpected phone call from an old friend that I met in university and later worked for at his company for 14 years. We talked about old times for an hour. I really enjoyed hearing his voice again and reminiscing with him. How many friends do you have that you've known for fifty-six years and you still talk with them like you saw them yesterday?

I posted a video here that played some pretty piano jazz, but it only lasted a day before YouTube (or somebody) removed it. So if you're here after Christmas Day, then sorry, you missed the music video. But you can still go to YouTube and search for "Smooth Piano Jazz Music".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

I wish you all a wonderful holidays full of love, peace, joy and many blessings and prosperity in 2023.
I'm glad you visited your friend and daughter. That is a nice present.

Take care and keep warm
TA

Anonymous said...

Greetings

Sounds like you guys had a nice and relaxing Christmas. So glad your old friend called --it's the neatest thing to find someone you care so much about is thinking about you as well. I know because I got the nicest email from a long time friend too. I couldn't stop smiling.

You are so kind to drive Nuria to your friends house so she doesn't get cold. How thoughtful. I imagine you guys had a nice, low key relaxing visit -- hope your gift exchange was fun.

It is a bit chillier I think that usual for this time of year --

Thanks for your blogs all year long -- the most fun and enjoyable reading ever !! Not to mention the lovely music posts.

Now onward to the New Year -- Make those resolutions !!

Best, LL