Thursday, December 29, 2022

The Nissan

We picked up Nuria's rental car yesterday. It's a 2021 Nissan Sentra SV. Cars have come a long way since my Jeep was built. The Nissan owner's manual is 510 pages. There are also several other manuals about the vehicle.

It doesn't use an ordinary ignition key. No, it uses an electronic pendant. First, you use the pendant to unlock the car. Then, you use the pendant to start the car. Starting the car is complicated enough that there is an online video showing you how to do it. (See the video below.)

Doing anything, like turning on the A/C, or the headlights, or even the radio, is different enough that you have to learn how to do it. I suppose that eventually you would get the hang of it. I'm hoping we won't have the Nissan long enough for me to remember how everything works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

OMG, bless her heart. I prefer simple cars. I don't know how long it will take to read that manual and if it will be easy to understand.

Just give me a regular key and I will start it with no complications.

I hope that by the time she will return it, she will be able to drive it. Good luck!

TA

Anonymous said...

Greetings

I'm so glad she got a vehicle -- and they are good cars. But I know what you mean about being difficult -- my sister had one and gave it back because she couldn't figure out how to use it.

Nuria won't have any trouble catching on -- but I do prefer the old ignition key to start --

Good luck with learning something new!!

Best LL