Wednesday, December 14, 2022

House Ghost

The time was about 1:30 AM. I was in bed. The house was dark except for a dim light in the living room. That light cast its incandescent glow down the hallway to my bedroom door. In the dim light, I saw Nuria get up and walk around the end of the bed and through the bedroom doorway. I watched as she opened the bathroom door and entered the bathroom. I could see her clearly.

I thought, "No one is going to believe this." The reason I thought that was simple: it was because Nuria was lying beside me in bed, and my hand was touching her arm. I could feel the warmth of her skin. I almost awakened her to tell her, "Look, Nuria. It's you!" I didn't because I knew it wasn't Nuria. It was just a kind of apparition of Nuria. 

I kept thinking that anyone I talk to about this is going to accuse me of just dreaming, yet I was awake and I  knew I was awake. A few minutes later, I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to use the facilities. I was wide awake, not sleepy at all, so I didn't return to bed. I sat at my PC and began perusing the news.

These kind of things have happened to me a number of times since I moved into this house. I've written about them previously on this blog. Here's one example: Go Figure. Here's another example: Odd Stuff. It's the kind of thing I've learned to shrug off. Maybe these kinds of things happen to everyone and other people simply don't talk about them. Maybe I shouldn't either, lest people think I'm daft in the head. I don't know—the world is a strange place sometimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings

I enjoyed your blog -- it started off like a novel which you should write. I can imagine this happened to you -- I've read your other blogs and feel this is certainly possible with you in your home.

It would be awesome to figure out how the mind works or if it was an apparition of Nuria. It could be you've had her on your mind so strongly worrying about her --and that is why it happened.

I think it would have been something if you left her in bed --visited the facilities and she was still there. Isn't there a scientific test that determines if poltergeists are about?

It could be this will happen more frequently as your concern level rises !!

Thanks for sharing.

Best, LL

Anonymous said...

Hello!

It sounds weird, I don't believe in ghosts but I believe in spirits.

The magnitude of our minds is very powerful and many times we believe that we saw something without knowing or accepting that we imagined that. We know from your latest posts that you and Nuria have been going through many things.

I remember that you posted one blog where you mentioned something about a broom and other things that you believed you heard or saw. After that I have not heard any other experience in your house, so I wonder if those ones where something that you thought you saw, heard? Our minds work very fast, too.

I hope this doesn't continue because is not fun.

Take care

TA